Clicky

10 Things You Can Learn From Successful Bloggers

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Karoshio, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    What are common things you see from a successful blogger? Are you interested in learning more from these people? Well if you’re a new or less successful blogger than others and want to learn more about how your blog can be a success, here are 10 things you can learn from successful bloggers:

1. Successful bloggers constantly update their blog
    This is the most important thing to a successful blog. By giving their readers consistent content, they are to keep a stable flow traffic to their blog. In fact, by doing this their traffic will only get better and better by the month or even day.

2. Successful bloggers share useful, interesting and good quality information
    With less successful bloggers you will see they feel hesitant to share their secret tips or methods in their blog. Successful bloggers share a large amount of useful and in depth information with their readers. This is shown in their blogs posts as you will notice they are always of the highest quality and very interesting.

3. Successful bloggers are experts on their topic of interest
    What do successful bloggers have in common? Expertise. They are experts or at least very knowledgeable in their topic of interest. They can talk about their topic professionally and really show their readers they have a strong understanding about it. This is why they have countless return readers because they know it’s a good, reliable source of information.

4. Successful bloggers have burning passion
    Simply put, a successful blogger loves what they’re doing. They love blogging. They love writing. They love sharing. They hold a strong passion in the topic at hand and they never let that slip.

5. Successful bloggers care about communication with their readers
    A successful blogger will form good communication skills that can engage their readers. They understand how to allow the readers to see things from their point of you. You will also notice that they will communicate with readers as more than just another reader on their blog, they really care about each and every reader and show this by communicating as if they really know them.

6. Successful bloggers will be unique
    A successful blogger will have their own unique voice. They have their own unique perspective. They have their own unique selling point. This allows the them to be different from others who may blog about a similar or the same topic. People are attracted to unique personality and that’s why they have such a high numbers of dedicated readers.

7. Successful bloggers are successful guest bloggers
    A successful blogger will not only they write for their blog, they also write for their fellow bloggers as well. Most of them are regular guest bloggers in various different blogs often relating or similar to their own. By doing this they are allowing themselves to be seen by a whole new audience and potentially gaining many new readers on their own blog.

8. Successful bloggers respond to their readers
    They don’t just leave or neglect their readers comments they will take the time to read every single one and reply as much as possible. This will form a strong and more personal relationship with their readers.

9. Successful bloggers utilize links
    A successful blogger will always link internally and externally within their posts when applicable. By doing this they can provide extra information they think their readers will be interested in or alternatively they can link to previous blog posts they have made that may be relevant in the particular post.

10. Successful bloggers keep up with their niche
    Successful bloggers always know the latest news in their specific niche and always blog about it as early as they can. This allows their readers to know they can get quality information and get it fast which will always be appreciated.

Those are just 10 of the many things you can learn from successful bloggers so if you want to be one of those successful blog then just follow what they do. By doing this do not feel you’re in any way copying them. All you’re doing is learning from their experience and in most cases I am sure they would be very happy to know that their success can do so much for someone else.
    SenseiSteve likes this.
  2. TabithaW New Member

Message Count:
    Blogging. I have a blog but I only blog in spurts. I will really enjoy blogging for about a month but I then burn out & ignore my poor blog for a couple months before I jump back in. I just have trouble staying motivated.
  3. lowrider.STi Member

Message Count:
    I don't know about 4 and 8. At least in my country, you can rarely find a good blogger who meets all these aspects.
  4. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Well, I guess it comes down to different meanings of 'successful'. Many blogger are successful in many ways from probably just rewriting PLR content in a micro niche or just doing the first and hitting hard with SEO.

This is more directed to the bigger, well known successful bloggers you could say since they seem to fit it more than not but at the same time many others will be seen as the above.
  5. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    Not responding to readers usually happens when the blog gets popular and the owner simply doesn't want or doesn't have the time to respond to each reader.
  6. Cynical

carbonize Active Member

Message Count:
    Think you will find number 4 is the only important one. If they are a 4 then they will also usually be a 2, 3 and 10.

I'm not a successful blogger but I have written a couple of highly popular, highly backlinked, often visited posts.
    Susan Bachelder and SenseiSteve like this.
  7. Artistic

SenseiSteve Administrator

Message Count:
    I've run a couple of company blogs in the past, but no personal blogs. And I do agree with carbonize - passionate bloggers are normally successful.
    Susan Bachelder likes this.
  8. Mogoko Member

Message Count:
    All very true points :)
  9. Monique Seibel Member

Message Count:
    Great list, thank you for posting. I definitely need to work on the guest posting aspect. I have only been focusing on writing contest from my blog, so I've completely overlooked that aspect. I do try to keep up and communicate with all my readers, as well as the readers of similar blogs. This has motivated me to stop writing in the forum for now and go write something for my blog!
  10. layzor Member

Message Count:
    Out of those 10, I probably am doing 3-4 points.

I also think that point #4 is the most important of all. If the passion is not there, the quality of the post won't be as good.
    Susan Bachelder likes this.
  11. poliders New Member

Message Count:
  12. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    Some of them are obviously debatable because it depends on how you define "successful" and there are always exceptions to the rules. Overall, though, that's a pretty good list and I agree with pretty much all of it.
    Nerdie likes this.
  13. Lurking

Nerdie Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thank you! :)
  14. Artistic

SpringBreeze New Member

Message Count:
    Great list! Thanks for putting it together. I need to work on my blogging abilities. I'm always losing motivation. Some months I have a lot of inspiration, and some I have none. So, I'm not consistent. I'm going to take someone's advise about writing a bunch of posts at one time and putting in queue. This way I can keep consistent without the stress. :)
  15. Bored

thenextGeek Member

Message Count:
    I find myself having a very hard time keeping myself motivated with my blog. One day I'm very focused then the next I just leave my blog biting the dust although I'm kind of planning on returning and updating my blogs from now on.
    Nerdie likes this.
  16. Lurking

Nerdie Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That is good to hear! What is the blog name? Curious to read it!
  17. jliehr New Member

Message Count:
    All great points. I definitely learned a few things. Thank you for spending your time to share your tips with us! :)
  18. Breezy

maddie Member

Message Count:
    Great list there! I do agree with most of the points. Passion is one thing that can keep a blog going on and on despite the fact that they do not make much money from it initially. I started with a blog just to get an Adsense account but I got so involved with it... now I have diversified to many other tasks online, my blog suffers. Thanks for the reminder.
  19. onlinebizgal Member

Message Count:
    I am another person who really likes this list. I think it is important to blog about something on which you are an expert. It can also work to blog on something for which you are passionate about and well educated.