Clicky

7 Strategies For Becoming A Successful Guest Blogger

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Karoshio, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    One of the best ways to establish more traffic to your blog is through guest blogging. Forget about article marketing for a while, guest blogging is a more powerful marketing strategy for your blog. This is because you are writing to an already established community that will have interest in your topic, while if you do article marketing, you are writing for random people that you don’t know and don’t know what their interests are which mean you will generally not gain the same interest as when you’re guest blogging. Because of this I have 7 strategies to become a successful guest blogger:

1. Know your target audience
    Guest blogging essentially means that you are writing a blog post for a different audience. Obviously different blogs will have different audiences so If you want to have a successful guest post, you must know and get the feel about the audience of the blog you will be writing for. Before writing a guest post, you should take the time to read as many posts as you can by said blog. Learn about how their audience responds the posts you have read and once you understand the atmosphere of the host blog, you will have a better understanding about the post that you should write for the host blog.

2. Submit only your best content
    When writing a guest post, you are staking your reputation as a blogger or an expert in your field. This is why you should only submit your best content to the host blog. Polish up your content as much as you can before you submit it. To put is simply, if you give the best content, you will get the best results.

3. Give strong call to action
    Don’t just write your guest post and ask nothing in return. This is not the spirit of guest blogging. Give the best of your tips, but don’t forget to put strong call of action to encourage people to visit your blog. Without giving strong call to action in your guest post, you will lost huge potential traffic for your blog. However, keep in mind that you should avoid promoting your product or service in your guest post. It will turn people off. The best call to action for your guest post is to ask your readers to visit your blog or subscribe to your newsletter.

4. Eliminate errors in your writing
    In order to get the maximum consideration from the host blogger, you must eliminate all kinds of errors such as grammatical errors, spelling errors, and punctuation errors before submitting your guest post.

5. Give good interaction with your readers
    Once the host blog has published your guest post, your post will will begin to receive comments by regular readers of the blog. Do not miss this great opportunity. You can use this to communicate more with the readers and build a good reputation for yourself. By doing this and showing them the kind of blogger you are and allows for a better chance of the readers actually going over to your own blog.

6. Find a high traffic blog
    If your aim of guest blogging is to get yourself known and expand to new audiences then you can’t just write a guest post to any blog. You should find a high traffic blog that your content can relate to and see if they will allow you to publish your guest post there. You can do this by browsing through things like the Technorati blog directory as it has thousands of blogs on various niches.

7. Do it over and over
    If you want to succeed as a guest blogger then you must become a regular at it. Find good quality high traffic blogs and see if they’re interested in you becoming a regular guest blogger. You can do this for many blogs if you have the time and even if certain blogs may not want you as a regular guest blogger don’t miss a great opportunity if they’re only interesting in a single post.

Guest blogging can and will always be an effective method of attracting new traffic to your blog. If you use these correctly then these strategies mentioned above will help you to become a successful guest blogger.
    iRichard likes this.
  2. TabithaW New Member

Message Count:
    My question is, how do you find blogs that need guest bloggers? Do you just write to blog owners and propose to write an article for them? What about asking if they want to guest blog on your blog in exchange for you guest blogging on theirs?
  3. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    You're pretty much spot on with both. Most people will simple contact different blog owners and ask if they would have any interest in it. Obviously asking in your niche is the best option.

I have never done a guest blog for guest blog personally but I'm sure there are many bloggers out there who would be up for it.
  4. TabithaW New Member

Message Count:
    I think trading blog for blog sounds like a good option. You would just need to, as you say, find blog in your same niche so the customer base would be fluid. It would probably e best to find someone with a similar follower count. If you have 30 followers & they ave 30,000 I doubt they would accept the deal. You never know though. I think this little talk has inspired me to give it a whirl. I report back and let you know how it goes!
    Karoshio likes this.
  5. Breezy

maddie Member

Message Count:
    Guest blogging has been receiving a lot of attention recently. The fact that Matt Cutts has given this an exclusive mention in his interview has put it on the forefront. I do like this point that you have mentioned 'Give strong call to action'. This sounds like good advice.
  6. onlinebizgal Member

Message Count:
    I really have enjoyed these tips. I like the fact that it says not just to hope to see results for YOU but to give something back to the blog owner as well. You can do this by providing helpful and insightful posts that their blog readers will love.
  7. trentz Member

Message Count:
    I am trying to do guest posting to one of the blogs I think has potential to give me traffic however the owner don't want me to add my link within the article. She only wants me to put my link under the the article where my name as the writer. Now, I am not sure if I really will push on to her blog but is this the right way to allow guest posting?

I don't think I can convince anyone to visit my blog if the link us just down there.
    Nerdie likes this.
  8. Lurking

Nerdie Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    That is really not the right way to allow guest posting. You should be able to have a link in your article at the end. I would in my opinion look for another blog to push.