Clicky

Bloggers - Do you consider yourselves "real writers"?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Jessi, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    I have heard this more than once recently:

"Oh, you're a blogger. That's not real writing."

While that's certainly true for some people who don't write their own content or don't really 'write' much of anything, I don't think it's fair to say that simply because you're a blogger, doesn't mean you're not a 'real' writer.

Do you consider yourself a real writer?
    SenseiSteve likes this.
  2. Daring

Hardison Member

Message Count:
    Yes, I blog and consider myself a real writer. It's very challenging getting your point across and being clear in a blog post. It requires talent and skill.
    SenseiSteve likes this.
  3. Breezy

JohnSword Member

Message Count:
    I've read blogs with content that will give any professional writers a run for their money. It takes time and effort to write up a blog post that is engaging, interesting and informative all at the same time.
    SenseiSteve likes this.
  4. Artistic

SenseiSteve Administrator

Message Count:
    Yes, I am a professional writer, and I've been on quite a few blogs where the authors are indeed engaging, interesting and informative.
  5. Bored

thenextGeek Member

Message Count:
    I'm not a professional writer but I am a blogger and I am a writer. I hate those elitist who think that bloggers doesn't write real articles and I want to prove them wrong.

@SenseiSteve
    I too have seen some blogs that are really great despite their authors not being "professional". The difference between blogs and freelance writing is that you need to be engaging in blogs if you want to succeed unlike in freelance writing where you need to write professionally.
  6. manii New Member

Message Count:
    I'm not a professional writer but I am a blogger and I am a writer. I hate those elitist who think that bloggers doesn't write real articles and I want to prove them wrong.