Clicky

Cheapest .com domain?

Discussion in 'Domains' started by iemp, Aug 2, 2012.

1. iemp New Member

Message Count:
    I am wondering where to buy cheapest .com domain and how much does it cost? Also, do you think it's a good idea using cheap service when it comes to domains?
  2. Cheerful

SolidShellSecurity Member

Message Count:
    Depends on the register. But since you pay yearly going based on the cost is really pointless.
  3. Daring

Hardison Member

Message Count:
    It's not always best to go with the cheapest upfront cost of domains. They usually bit you when renewal time comes. Every once in awhile, GoDaddy will run specials. I don't like them, but I will buy a 99 cent domain in a heartbeat. Then I transfer the domain to Namecheap, my registrar of choice, in 6 to 8 months.

There are other things to consider: the user friendliness of the system and customer service.
  4. Bauss Member

Message Count:
    You should just look out for promotions, a lot of times godaddy offers the best coupons for $1 domains, but namecheap has had a few of those as well.
  5. xStylezx New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, I just try and keep an eye out for GoDaddy specials. I usually catch them when they have one going and I pick up any domains I need then. I've never used Namecheap myself, but have heard good things about them. I'm not aware of ever noticing any specials from them though.
    iRichard likes this.
  6. Blah

iRichard Member

Message Count:
    I'm thinking about buying a domain. I think I am going to take a look at GoDaddy specials and see what they are offering.
  7. trentz Member

Message Count:
    I like godaddy however because they usually provide promo codes even for renewals although I'm not sure if namecheap also do this.
    But Just when you transfer the domain to namecheap, will the whois protection also be inherit?

I'll probably move some of my domains there as i just remember a tips about not to put all your eggs in one basket :D
  8. xpl0iter Member

Message Count:
  9. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    I got 5 $1 domains from Namecheap during Thanksgiving promo last year. The registration was painfully slow though and I had to refresh the site many times just to confirm whether my order was processed. So if I were you, I would lookout for special promos coming from different registrars.
  10. nightarcher Member

Message Count:
    Look for deals and coupons for all registrars and then once you buy them, transfer them to the domain provider of your choice. I've heard many people having bad experiences with Godaddy so I have all of my domains on namecheap now.
  11. niceness8000 Member

Message Count:
    I have heard that the "cheaper" services can be unreliable as far as your site shutting down unexpectedly. It's equivalent to something like a power outage - your site goes down until they figure out what the problem is, and then once it's fixed your site's up and running again. This has happened to me once with Hostgator. They said that an upgrade caused the sites to go offline. I was only down for about 30 minutes, but I have heard that sites have been down for 48 hours or more.
  12. xpl0iter Member

Message Count:
    BTW we do transfer the domain names to your account for all the free domains we offer! :)
  13. Cold

dumindu89 New Member

Message Count:
    I got few .COM domains for $1 + ICANN fee when Godaddy offered $1 .COM domain names.
  14. dan213 Member

Message Count:
    GoDaddy offers specials, try to do a Google search for the registrar that you're interested in and put coupons on the end you will find some deals.
  15. Cloud_9

theafterhours Member

Message Count:
    I've never been too concerned with the cost of .com's as they only cost about $12/year but like Hardison mentioned, if there's a .99 domain offer out there, I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat.

I don't believe there's any coupons for Namecheap at the moment but try googling coupons for GoDaddy.
  16. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    I agree with the others that mentioned GoDaddy and NameCheap's promos. NameCheap currently has one going on for their 12th birthday and their renewal fees are cheaper than GoDaddy's. GD always has some promo or another happening, so if you would rather go through them, just look around.
  17. ohiotom76 Member

Message Count:
    You get one free for a year when you sign up for new hosting accounts at either FatCow or BlueHost. You also get a free domain and hosting when you sign up at Google's gybo.com.
  18. playboyyu New Member

Message Count:
    go with namecheaper they are best in this industries
  19. HDHarper Member

Message Count:
    If your business isn't geographically targeted, you could see some problems in your SERPS results with gybo. I would suggest buying a domain for a few bucks and then transferring it over to BlueHost or Host Gator.
  20. Inspired

kodaks New Member

Message Count:
    I just bought a $0.99 USD domain name from 1&1 yesterday - what a deal! I then transferred it to NameCheap for less than $5 which extends it for another year. Two year TLD for less than $6! The only way to find this 1&1 deal was through Google Adwords for me. I searched "1&1 domains" and one of the sponsored ads was the following:
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 2.30.15 PM.png

I hope this helps!