Clicky

CPC not worth? Try CPM!

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by OliBoli, Jun 13, 2012.

1. OliBoli Member

Message Count:
    I am a webmaster, I have 2 websites with low traffic. I tried a lot of CPC (Pay Per Click) monetizing networks until now, like Adsense for example, and no one worked for be, because my low number of visitors didn't click the ads. So I have been oriented for other monetizing ways for my websites, and finally I find the right ones: CPM (Cost Per Mille) networks. These networks are paying for ad views, not for ad clicks - so the webmasters will get paid for showing the CPM banners in their websites, even the visitors are clicking or not the ads! The prices are calculated for every 1000 views, and it depends of the visitor's country - some country visits are paid better, some lower, but almost all countries are accepted in the most of CPM networks.

So using CPM networks instead of CPC is a most easiest way to monetize your site, blog or forum, because using this networks you don't need to do anything, also your visitors don't need to do anything - they come and go, the banners are showing for them and you will get paid for this!

There are a lot of CPM networks that you can use for monetizing your blog, but my advice is: always read the F.A.Q. before joining them, because some of them are paying only for visits from top tier countries (USA, CAN, UK, Germany and 2-3 others), and if you don't have the most of visits from these countries, you won't earn too much! Also search the F.A.Q. for the minimum payment and the available payment processors; if you don't like them, don't join this network! And, the most important thing: don't join sites that don't have a F.A.Q. page, or if they are not showing the most important information you need at least in the Terms page (if they don't have F.A.Q.) - this sites are most probably scams, they won't pay you!
  2. razelia Member

Message Count:
    Hrm, or why not just try a program that offers both CPM and CPC? Those are the types of networks I'm under right now.
  3. SwitchCase New Member

Message Count:
    Nice. Can you tell us what is the best CPM Networks available?
  4. razelia Member

Message Count:
    I'm mainly under Technorati Media, specifically because they use PayPal unlike Adsense. I got tired of always waiting for my check so I transferred to them. I believe they offer both CPC and CPM combine in their program.
  5. samly New Member

Message Count:
    That's great idea. I just start my online business as a publisher of an ad network reachjunction. Exellent! I am thinking the next step to make more online.
  6. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    :O Being paid via paypal is always better than check imo. How's the pay with them?
  7. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    One of the problems I've encountered with CPM networks is that they have a nasty tendency to "shave" some impressions off your account. For example, sometimes Google Analytics tells me that I had 4,500 unique visitors yesterday, yet my CPM network only credits me with 3,600 impressions. The other problem is that networks that pay good CPC only pay peanuts for CPM. I'm open to being proved wrong, but I think you simply can't get significant income with a CPM unless you have a hugely popular site.
  8. Scared

Drizzy Member

Message Count:
    Wow I did not know about CPM. Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! Would you by any chance be knowing of any CPM that pays through Western Union money transfer?
  9. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    Are there any ad companies that pays through that? o_O The only payment methods that I've seen are paypal and just good ol' checks.
  10. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    For those of us who live outside the US, PayPal is the only option. On the one hand, some ad companies don't even want to send cheques abroad. And on the other hand, even if some companies are willing to send cheques abroad, banks shave 10% off the value as a fee for cashing in a cheque in a foreign currency (dollars to euros/pounds).

But there is another "method of payment". Some companies let you exchange the money you've earned directly for credits you can use to advertise your own site on their platform. Do you know of any ad company where this is worthwhile?
  11. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    I don't think there is such a site with that last method of payment of yours ... It would be pretty cool if there was.
  12. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    I've seen many sites with this method of payment, only problem is that they only serve CPC or CPA ads. Actually, I think Adf.ly does use this method, but it's difficult to earn a lot of money with them. Anyway, I don't think it's a stretch of the imagination to assume there are other companies out there that offer the exact same method of payment while serving CPM ads. What about other sites? Have you ever come across a CPM ad company that has other, original methods of payment that have not been discussed in this thread so far?
  13. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    Oh well i don't mind CPC but adf.ly, don't they only support full screen advertisements?
  14. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    Full-screen advertisements are their standard formula, but if you look at the alternatives they offer, you'll see they also support banner ads. These banners are quite unintrusive but the downside is that you get paid less than for the full-screen ads, much less, in fact. With the full-screen ads you can get up to $4.00 per thousand impressions, whereas with the banners you get $0.50... if you're lucky. I'm trying both types of ads on my website, looking for a balance between low intrusiveness and good CPM rates.
  15. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    Lol my members can't even stand pop ups, i just can't imagine how they'd react to full screen ads. Also do they have CPC?
  16. SamK Member

Message Count:
    In my experience CPM ads usually earn less than Adsense, although there probably are exceptions. (Naturally, any site that gets many visitors but only very few clicks would be such an exception). I usually use CPM-based ads on sites that might be a risk for my Adsense account.
  17. Breezy

gordonm Member

Message Count:
    how are you joining them? as a publisher?
  18. Breezy

gordonm Member

Message Count:
    ive just signed up to technoratti media to see if i get accepted.
    ive got a few auto blogs that are doing nothing at the moment and banned from adsense so might as well give them a try. one of them gets 9000 uniques per month!
  19. Bashful

crossunitedfate Member

Message Count:

Wow, I didn't even know Technorati was running their own ad service like that. I'm definitely going to check this out. Thank you
  20. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    What's the best CPM network?