Clicky

Do you use Yahoo mail?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by ZINC, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ZINC New Member

Message Count:
    I don't, my parents bought me up with Gmail, so it's just something I got used to and I can't be bothered moving services as Gmail is already very good.
  2. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    I'm a big fan of Gmail so I won't be stepping near Yahoo Mail nor have I ever.
  3. Alex Member

Message Count:
    My first email was with Yahoo and after that, Hotmail and now all I use is Gmail.
  4. CityGirlLuv New Member

Message Count:
    That's exactly how it was for me! I remember getting both Yahoo and Hotmail roughly around the same time. I used Yahoo a bit, and then switched over to Hotmail and used that for years until about a year or two ago when I made the switch to my Gmail account. Had that account (Gmail) way before I started using it though.
  5. razelia Member

Message Count:
    I used to have all three (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail), but now my Hotmail is dead and I still use both Yahoo and Gmail. I really can't just transfer to Gmail since the main email I use in all my online accounts is the Yahoo one.
  6. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    It's the first email I used back in 1998, when I started being active online. I still have that email address, though I log in maybe once every 4 years. I am using Gmail for a long time and like it way better.
  7. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    My mom and some teachers are the only people I know use Yahoo Mail. I created my first e-mail account when I was 10, on Hotmail. Just 1 year ago I switched to Gmail. It's a whole lot better and more secure!
  8. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    I'm pretty sure my first created e-mail address was on hostmail, followed by yahoo mail, which I still use and was my main e-mail till a couple of years ago when I switched to gmail. I still use Yahoo Mail almost everyday though...
  9. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    I used to, but not any more. Once I finally moved over to Gmail a few years back (I was pretty resistant, after having used Yahoo for everything for years), I never looked back, though. Gmail was just that much better. I don't know what their mail system is like now, although I know my mom still uses it and regularly has issues with it, so I have no interest in checking it out again.
  10. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    It got batter actually. Its more like gmail now. Not as faster but still, pretty decent.
  11. blommas Member

Message Count:
    Nope, never really did.. I never see anything with Yahoo Mail, but I prefer using hotmail or gmail. I use my hotmail for stuff that isn't about earning money and that, because I get spammed with many emails everyday, so I have a money earning email on Gmail.
  12. kenny_pure Member

Message Count:
    Yes, i have 2 Yahoo mail id. When i started online work, i have no Gmail invitation then i used Yahoo mail.
  13. Clarkie Member

Message Count:
    I have a Yahoo email somewhere but I've never used it properly. It just got filled with spam and I never had such spam problems with Gmail so that's the software I use. The only problem I have with my emails is that I can't read all my Gmail accounts emails in one single feed and Yahoo isn't going to fix that so I have no reason to switch.

Not many people seem to use Yahoo that register on my forums, however quite a lot of people use Hotmail which surprises me because I found it worse than Yahoo for spam. I guess I don't particularly like Microsoft when most people have nothing against them. :D
  14. kenny_pure Member

Message Count:
    GMail and Yahoo Mail are very different. We have more features in Gmail. We can use Gmail as a Google Apps.
    Clarkie likes this.
  15. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    The best free feature in Gmail is the possibility to forward address and send e-mails as that specific address.
  16. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    I do really, really appreciate that feature.

Be careful, though! When you're sending as other addresses like from yahoo mail, it shows -both- addresses to your recipient. It's not completely anonymous and only showing the one you want.
  17. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    I've noticed that, how can I notice every time that happens? I only send e-mails as other gmail addresses or my website's e-mails but some recipients, as you said, get both addresses.
  18. dexterlablab1 Member

Message Count:
    I use to have a Yahoo mail account as my main form of email. But over time, I had started to run into serious problems with their service. Security issues to be exact. It was so severe I had to change the emails and passwords on everything I was currently signed up to or registered at during the time. That's when I switched to Gmail. Gmail has its issues too. But I never ran into anything severe with them just yet.
  19. lowrider.STi Member

Message Count:
    Yep. I have my account for a few years and I'm still satisfied with it.
  20. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    My first email was Yahoo. They offered a big space and I loved the format. Now, all my mail is Google, they have amazing layouts and they are fast.