Clicky

Does Google translate help?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Beverly, Jul 16, 2012.

1. EmmaKille Member

Message Count:
    Yea! Google translate help and my friend use it.
  2. ohiotom76 Member

Message Count:
    I've found it useful, especially when it proactively offers to translate a page for me. I don't rely on it for large amounts of text though. But when I am trying to download a file from a file host that is written in another language, it helps just to find the "download" button.
  3. sidney Member

Message Count:
    Yes, I have used google translate to translate some websites, and they do a pretty decent job. Although I noticed that it is far from perfect at times, because some words are translated literally, when the real meaning is far from what they present.
  4. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    People who are bilingual need only run a Google translation between their two languages to see how good/bad it is. Even people who are monolingual can see how it works by translating a sentence from English to another language and back. It's even worse when you're trying to translate among languages other than English. For example, if you want to translate from Greek to Lithuanian, Google won't translate directly, but will take a detour through an English translation instead. So you get two different jumps in which the system can fail or make mistakes.
  5. Blah

iRichard Member

Message Count:
    I also use Google translate to translate websites when I don't understand their language. In my opinion I don't think that Google translate is that accurate, so I use an app called Babylon to translate most of the languages on the internet, and I think it works excellent!
  6. Cool

Paulo F Member

Message Count:
    You shouldnt rely on Google Translate to tell you what language it is, as that will fails allot of the times.
    I use professional services for translation as machine translation fails miserably when translating sentences.
    A machine cant recognize figure of speech, tone, etc...
  7. Enchanted New Member

Message Count:
    I don't like Google translate very much, mainly because of the fact that it is not always accurate. I used to try using it to help me with my Spanish homework, but the sentences and phrases never came out quite right. I definitely wouldn't rely on it for actual conversation.
  8. Bauss Member

Message Count:
    Yes it does, but I don't use it very often. I use it whenever I'm searching on poker sites for freeroll passwords that are in a different language, and that's about it.

I like it better, whenever the website has a flag icon that you can click to translate the page.
  9. ridwan sameer New Member

Message Count:
    It helped me pick up a girl once, she knew german, and i pretended i knew it too (Thank you google translate)
    hahah :p
  10. Breezy

JohnSword Member

Message Count:
    I normally use Google Translate just to get the gist of an article. Honestly some of the translations make no sense at all. Nowadays it's cheap to get a decent translation at Fiverr.
  11. Sick

kjett80 Member

Message Count:
    Google translate helps but it is not always correct with its translation. A friend of mine has a relationship with a person going in another country and sometimes things get lost in the translation. So, it's frustrating for both.
  12. Fine

vintageblack New Member

Message Count:
    I have tried using Google Translate many times.
    Sometimes, it is able to get the correct translations for a couple of words or a few sentences. However, I noticed that when I enter longer texts, it doesn't provide the most correct translation.
  13. Spaced

eyesofmzd Member

Message Count:
    yes i use google translate many time and find best result
  14. Thinking

wasp New Member

Message Count:
    I think they pay parrots with cracker crumbs on keyboards.
  15. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    Hows important and how it would helpful for everyone that's really unbelievable. Just using translator is very helpful and excellent idea.
  16. mikeslough6 New Member

Message Count:
    I am also use google translator many of the time to get help to translate in some other language and share with my international friends.
  17. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    But Google Translator can't translate all language. Cause i saw it for Turkey language. It don't find word.
  18. Artistic

SocksHub Premium Member

Message Count:
    yeah, I've using Google translate, but it's often give a funny translate if you translate from RU to VN, or others languages which are not English. The best way is translate RU to be EN, then use EN change to be VN. That's my experience, will be more better when you need to translate in a long sentence.
  19. WebDreams Member

Message Count:
    Google translator is pretty much helpful and it's getting improved day by day but am not it will translate each every word.
  20. ChristyWilliam New Member

Message Count:
    I find Google translate very sue full specially when talking to friends online from international countries. It is very good I also believe that it's very good for personal use and for those who know how to use it properly. The only Google translate does good in translating literally but overall good performance.