Clicky

How do you rate yahoo?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by ZINC, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ZINC New Member

Message Count:
    Do you think Yahoo is the first, second or third best search engine?

I would say third, Bing is quite good now and I believe a while ago Yahoo moved to using Bing's results (something like this).
  2. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Well for me after over 10 years of use Google clear comes in number one and then in my eyes Bing and Yahoo are both number two since I never use either of them for anything at all.
  3. Alex Member

Message Count:
    The only thing I use Yahoo for is news, they always have a lot of news, especially when it comes to sports.

However, Google will forever, or at least for a long time, be number one, so Yahoo is my number two.
  4. razelia Member

Message Count:
    Google will always be number one, so I guess Yahoo would be around number two for me. I don't even regularly use Bing, so I wouldn't be able to give it a rank.
  5. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    It comes third for me too. Google is obviously ranked #1. The Google Bot can easily index almost every page that's ever been online and Google Images works great in most cases - it should be improved, though.

Bing isn't that bad but it lacks a lot, especially a good design.

Yahoo's search engine is OK, but it's definitely not Yahoo's best product. Their mailboxes are pretty good and so is their news portal. I always read a few articles when I go on it.
  6. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    Yahoo is better then Bing, no matter what. So yeah, Yahoo is the second search engine as far as I know...
  7. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    Number two. I rank it after Google and before Bing. I love all Yahoo's other features such as News, Answers, etc. They have very good information and is pretty unique.
  8. harish Member

Message Count:
    Yahoo is good but not best. Google is eating the share of Yahoo. Well, Yahoo Mail is best of all of products from Yahoo.
  9. Ross Member

Message Count:
    I'd have to agree with you Zinc, I would never rate yahoo as second best search engine. Imo it just doesn't stack up against some of the better services on the web...
  10. Scared

Drizzy Member

Message Count:
    Google is by far the number 1 search engine. I'd rate Yahoo second and Bing third for it's pathetic layout. Although Yahoo has failed to become the best search engine, I prefer Yahoo News for my daily updates. So Yahoo is still a part of my life :)
  11. Breezy

KennyK Member

Message Count:
    I don't use the Yahoo search engine so much. I usually use Google as my search engine as I think it's the best. Bing I tried, but don't like it, so if I would have to make a ranking it would be 1. Google, 2. Yahoo , and 3. Bing.
    From Yahoo I do however frequently use Yahoo Messenger and Yahoo mail. Also I often read news items there as they cover a lot of things from all around the world.
  12. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    I wouldn't even bother ranking it. I would just say that Google is first and everything else is secondary without any real order. It's not worth much any more.
  13. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    I think it is at number 2. I don't use Bing much but I am happy with the results provided by Google and Yahoo. Yahoo was a good company at one time but they lost their way in the last few years.
  14. Blah

micromachne Member

Message Count:
    In terms of popularity, it would be second. But it's a DISTANT second because Google is just way to dominant in the search department.
  15. GregH Member

Message Count:
    Google has just taken 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for search engines to be honest. But I think Yahoo is still quite a strong search engine. It just doesn't have the large following that Google has. I guess Google also is dominant in near enough every other service they provide.
  16. EmmaKille Member

Message Count:
    Yahoo is a nice search engine and I think its yahoo answers is very popular and many persons use this.
  17. Steve Smith Member

Message Count:
    As the market share of total search market is low for yahoo compared with Google, the SEO in Yahoo is not much attractive one. But, you can work to capture the market as the amount of competitor in Yahoo SEO is also low.
  18. Asleep

micronetvps Member

Message Count:
    I tried using Yahoo just now for something, you have to be very specific sometimes, even putting in the URL of the site.

I like how google lets us be lazier.
  19. TJenkins602 Member

Message Count:
    I'd say that Bing and Google tie together as the second best search engine. However, I still rarely use either of them.
  20. Blah

iRichard Member

Message Count:
    I rate Google number one and Yahoo number two. But, I rarely use Bing and Yahoo for search engine.