Clicky

How do you transfer a domain?

Discussion in 'Domains' started by Beverly, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Beverly Member

Message Count:
    I have several domains that I'd like to transfer to my current host company for use with my Wordpress blogs. What is the process for domain name transfer?
  2. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    All registrars have their own instructions. Who are you with?
  3. venus New Member

Message Count:
    you can get a EPP code from a current domain provider and give it to the new provider. They will transfer your domain within a particular period. You can get domain transfer service from this site Thewebpole.com at affordable cost.
  4. Bauss Member

Message Count:
    There is a domain transfer service? It's simple to transfer your domain, no need for that. Like mentioned above, all you need is the EPP code. I recommend transferring your domains to Namecheap, it's the best domain registrar around.
  5. Daring

Hardison Member

Message Count:
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a domain transfer service either!I wonder if it's profitable. It's a fairly simple process, but some people are overwhelmed at the idea and would pay to get it done. I lost temporarily control of a domain I had hosted with Yahoo. They refused to provide the EPP codes. I wasn't going to pay nearly $40 to renew it.
  6. Breezy

susansmith001 New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah I also register my domains using name cheap because they are very cheap domain registrars the best quality around.
  7. dalanredd New Member

Message Count:
    You don't have to transfer your domains anywhere.

At the existing Registrar, you can do domain *forwarding .. redirect the domain to point at any other domain you have that might be hosted elsewhere. It's free to do.

If you have a hosting account, and you want your domain to point to that particular host, all you have to do is change the DNS Settings at the Registrar for the domain in question.

You do these by logging in to your domain's registrar (GoDaddy, Register.com, Network Solutions, ect.) Find the Change DNS Settings link, and once there, change the NS1 and the NS2 to reflect the NS1 and NS2 of your web host.

For instance:

Lets say you purchased a hosting account with us.

The Domain you want to point to your new account is on Network Solutions ..

In the DNS Settings, you'll remove NS1.NetworkSolutions.com and change it to NS1.SETXWEBDEV.NET .. you do the same for the NS2 respectively.

This is all pretty simple to do and takes just a few minutes.

Any helps or other questions .. just ask
  8. Sick

kjett80 Member

Message Count:
    Domain transfer is fairly easy. You can first go to the new registrar and choose transfer domain and the buy the domain again through that registrar.

Then go to your other registrar (the one you originally signed that domain up with) and unlock the domain you have. You may need the EPP code to be able to transfer it to the other registrar.

You also need to make sure that you have access to whatever email is listed as the admin email. Because you are going to need to approve the transfer.

As someone said upthread.... it depends on who your registrar is.