Clicky

How many directories do you list in?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by ZINC, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ZINC New Member

Message Count:
    I'm in one or two directories, not many but I need I change this. It might be a good way to get more traffic and backlinks!
  2. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Throughout all of my websites it varies a lot. I don't find directories to be the greatest source of backlinks but they're free so sometimes when I have spare time I go on a bit of a submission spree juts to kill some time whilst watching TV but I don't rely on them nor keep track of how many I submit too.
  3. Alex Member

Message Count:
    Like Karoshio, I don't really keep track of the ones I submit my site to because to me it doesn't seem like they help that much... A lot of directories also charge money for your site to be submitted and I'd rather not spend money on them.
  4. crazygirl New Member

Message Count:
    I am wondering what directory services are the best ones.I have tried a few but they don't seem to be working for me
  5. razelia Member

Message Count:
    Believe it or not, I don't put my sites in any directories at all. In my opinion, they don't really help much, so I'd rather spend more time on other methods of promoting the site.
  6. dan213 Member

Message Count:
    I honestly don't keep track, I list in a few and own one of my own.
  7. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    None. I used to care more about them and even keep lists of the directories that were worth the effort, but now I just post in forums, comment on blogs and use my own sites in the network to push my new sites. Since directory link power has decreased lately I stopped caring about them anymore. Of course, if you have the time, then it's a good idea.
  8. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    I also stopped caring about directories. I simply buy a directory blast services when from time to time and that's about it.
  9. kenny_pure Member

Message Count:
    Directory submission is one of the parts of SEO but submit your website on quality websites only. There is no benefits of site submission on poor directory.
  10. Svoboda New Member

Message Count:
    Zero. In looking at my analytics, I've just never received any traffic back from any of the directories I've tried in the past. If I were to attempt to get listed in one, it would be DMOZ just because of the age and prestige, perceived or real, that it holds in the link directory community.
  11. Bauss Member

Message Count:
    I don't use directories any more, and I haven't used them for years. They are a waste of time in my opinion, I much rather build links from forum posting.
  12. lowrider.STi Member

Message Count:
    I've lost their count...but I think they're about 10 or something.
  13. EmmaKille Member

Message Count:
    I don't use low pr directories now.
  14. Breezy

KennyK Member

Message Count:
    What would you consider as quality directories? Are there a few general directories that you can recommend?
    There are so many out there.
  15. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    I am not getting directory with hign PR , can anybody suggest?
  16. TJenkins602 Member

Message Count:
    I think I am in less than five directories. The sad thing is when I get listed, somehow my site gets hacked and then I have to start over. Some of these directories might actually hack into your site.
  17. Amused

thewolfmenrock New Member

Message Count:
    I list in Ezineand Gruks.
  18. mixing Member

Message Count:
    Back in the day I would submit into thousands. Since they don't really matter anymore, I usually only submit into the most popular like Yahoo and DMOZ.
  19. Artistic

SenseiSteve Administrator

Message Count:
    The Yahoo directory is closing down on December 31st this year.
  20. rf-harris Member

Message Count:
    Honestly speaking I haven't submit my website in web directories as I am not sure whether they are still effective or not. I have seen so many posts mentioning that directory submission is no longer effective.