Clicky

How Many Domains?

Discussion in 'Domains' started by dan213, Apr 24, 2012.

1. dan213 Member

Message Count:
    How many domains do you currently own?

I only have around 3 at the moment, the most I ever had at once was around 10.
  2. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    I currently own I think 53 domains.50 of those being over at NameCheap, 1 at a registrar I always forget the name of and the other 2 at GoDaddy. I'm aiming to have them all at NameCheap soon enough and clear out some of the ones I'm not using.
  3. Alex Member

Message Count:
    Right now I have roughly 8 but only use 2.
  4. CityGirlLuv New Member

Message Count:
    I used to have 10. I've sold two, dropped six, and still have two left. I'm thinking of purchasing two sometime next week.
  5. Craig Tumblison Member

Message Count:
    My list varies from day to day. We try to stick around 40-60, though with bulk buys / sales this number can be swung in either direction.
  6. SpikeTheLobster Member

Message Count:
    Right now, I have 67. That may grow in the future, depending on how attempts at reselling go!
  7. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    Holy crap! Almost 70 domains? You guys probably make what I make a month, plus 2 zeros :p I currently own no domains as I no longer manage a site, but I used to have 2. One of them was the one my main site used and, the other one, for the Spanish version of the same site. It was hard managing 2 sites at once, so I can't believe how you guys manage to admin several sites at once.
  8. razelia Member

Message Count:
    Gosh, you guys have a lot of domains! I currently only have 6, and all of them are for small-niche video games. I am thinking of expanding a bit, though.
  9. SpikeTheLobster Member

Message Count:
    Trouble is, those two zeroes are AFTER the decimal point. :D

I have two or three domains which are multiples to "own the brand" (i.e. I have the .com, .org and .net at least - all pointing to the same site), which makes things a bit easier. The trick to managing so many (for me) is to come up with low-maintenance ideas and not fret about involvement or quick development: some of mine get 2 hits a day at the moment and I don't care. Over time they'll grow and they only take me 5-10 minutes a day to maintain, which leaves me time to concentrate on the important ones that I'll be keeping and which form the real core of the "business".

Professional flippers obviously put a lot more work into their domains to build them quicker. Like you, I wonder where they get the time and energy! o_O
  10. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    I have ~15 active sites and 5-6 other domain names for some sites I am planning on doing and wanted to secure the domain names from now. Used to have ~40 active sites, but having many sites doesn't mean you're earning a lot :D
  11. Creaky Member

Message Count:
    I have 10 at the moment, 1 is for email only the rest have some sort of site on them
  12. Rabi New Member

Message Count:
    I am currently having 4 domains
  13. Inspired

PeakSter Administrator

Message Count:
    about 200 domains but
    if you have only one valuable domain you are very rich.
  14. Sweettooth

vamp1re Member

Message Count:
    i have 3 domain name my own
  15. deluxservers Member

Message Count:
    I have only 1 domain name.
  16. Artistic

Rox New Member

Message Count:
    Currently own 13 domain names. One each @ GoDaddy & Name.com and the rest @ Namecheap.
  17. Dether Member

Message Count:
    well atm 6 low authority websites, 3 high authority, about 10 spammy and one cash money :)
  18. Khurram Aftab New Member

Message Count:
    I have 2 Domains Names My Own ...
  19. RisingFog New Member

Message Count:
    I currently own four domains
  20. Dether Member

Message Count:
    Actually 5, but i'm working with much more sites, some are for friends and some for clients. 5 is only mine.