Clicky

How many registrars

Discussion in 'Domains' started by Jessi, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    How many different registrars have you actually used?

I'm curious because I see some people have a very clear preference for NameCheap, GoDaddy, etc, but they've never actually used another registrar, so how can they compare?
  2. Curious

Amdac New Member

Message Count:
    I've been with 4 different registrars. I started with Network Solutions way back in the 90s before eventually switching to Register.com where I stuck it out for a few years. Since then, I moved everything to Godaddy for the prices and have since been switching them all over to Namecheap due to Godaddy's business ethics and ever increasing renewal fees.

I currently have roughly 50 domains with Godaddy and 25 with Namecheap.
  3. Converser New Member

Message Count:
    I have used GoDaddy, Namecheap and Hostgator to register my domain names before and Namecheap is my absolute favourite. Hostgator proved to me that you shouldn't really buy your domain name through your hosting provider if the option is provided to you, because I found it really difficult to manage my domain name when it came to changing hosts. GoDaddy is nice, but I found the customer support really lacking compared to Namecheap.
  4. jliehr New Member

Message Count:
    One. Only ever used Namecheap. I bought a few domains off of them, never was disappointed, continued to buy domains. Well, technically two, because I had to buy a domain off of GoDaddy because the TLD I needed was available no where else :/
  5. onlinebizgal Member

Message Count:
    I have used three different ones over the years. I am using NameCheap only at this moment. I do also like GoDaddy to some extent.
  6. Cool

Jason1988 Member

Message Count:
    I use Godaddy 99% of the time. I also use NetEarthOne.
  7. Daring

Hardison Member

Message Count:
    I prefer Namecheap. My very first domain registrar was Network Solutions. They were the only option at the time. Then I tried GoDaddy. I had some bad experiences with GoDaddy. I called customer support for assistance. I can't really remember the exact details except the rep wasn't able to help me, but tried to upsell me. That left a very bad taste in my mouth.

Then I read about Namecheap. They were local to me so I gave them a shot. I have never had a problem with Namecheap. Their user interface is very user friendly.

I only buy domains from GoDaddy when they have a 99cent deal. I transfer the domain to Namecheap after 6 months.
  8. razelia Member

Message Count:
    I've used GoDaddy in the past, then I moved on to NameCheap after some annoying problems I heard with GoDaddy's support and service. This is where majority of my domains are in right now. That said, I still do have a couple of domains under DreamHost, since they're my main hosting. The rates aren't bad, either.
  9. MustangV10 Member

Message Count:
    Namecheap and 1&1. I used 1&1 first a couple of years back and their DCP was terrible. They since revamped their site and it looks nice.
  10. QuickPeak New Member

Message Count:
    I've used GoDaddy ever since I started my online ventures. I want to try other registrars one day such as NameCheap. BTW, let me share my source of promo codes when I buy on GoDaddy - http://domainpromocodes.com/coupons/godaddy
  11. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    I have used GoDaddy, Namecheap, Name.com and several lesser known registrars. These days I am only using Namecheap since their service is great and they offer a free Whois Guard for first year. I had a bad experience with GoDaddy and haven't used them in last 4 years. Name.com is good as well but in my opinion, Namecheap is definitely better.
  12. Vortmo Member

Message Count:
    I only use Godaddy, there's not much point using more than one if you've never had a problem with the company your currently using.
  13. Sweettooth

vamp1re Member

Message Count:
    i use name.com its relay good