Clicky

How to get listed in Yahoo directory

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by harish, May 22, 2012.

1. harish Member

Message Count:
    Hi guys
    I want to get listed in the yahoo directory but free of cost. I tried several times but my website is not approved. Do you have any tips regarding listing in Yahoo directory?
  2. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    There's nothing you can really do to get accepted except for have a lot of patience and an amazing website with a ton of traffic and has been around for many, many years. That's really all I can advise.
  3. harish Member

Message Count:
    Yes you are right. I am waiting for my website listing from the last 2 years but still waiting. I dont want to spend on paid listing.
    Healthcare likes this.
  4. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    I don't think you will ever get accepted, they want you to pay mate.
    Healthcare likes this.
  5. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    i have also tried a lot. Its really difficult.
  6. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    Question is. Does it worth it?
  7. EmmaKille Member

Message Count:
    I had tried many times but unable to get approved.
  8. Steve Smith Member

Message Count:
    One trick to getting listed to with the Yahoo Directory for free is to start your site as a non-commercial resource.
    That means no ads, no products for sale, no discernible way to make money found anywhere on the site - just free information.
  9. Daring

Hardison Member

Message Count:
    I didn't think it was possible to get listed in the Yahoo Directory unless you paid for it. Perhaps coming at it from a non-profit angle if they do allow non-paid listings.
  10. TJenkins602 Member

Message Count:
    I guess I would just focus on building my website. Some directories wouldn't accept your site because of it being new. I guess you can just give it a little bit of time before you submit it again. Meanwhile, focus on building it up and optimizing your content.
  11. Busy

andy ramirez Member

Message Count:
    I think you have to push through their payment system before your site will be accepted.