Clicky

If you were Yahoo?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Sam, May 20, 2012.

1. Sam Member

Message Count:
    What would you do if you were Yahoo's CEO? What areas would you focus on and what sites would you develop?

If it were me, I'd make Yahoo more like Google. I'd put a lot of focus into developing a great search engine (first stop- scrap bing powered results) and making a fantastic ad network. Then I'd go for things like filehosting etc. which Yahoo could use it's bulk to provide a great service.. :)

What would you do?
  2. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    I would definitely try to make more people use my search engine. That would be my number one priority because a lot of their users are starting to convert to Google. It may eventually force them into a less popular search engine and eventually lose money.
  3. Sam Member

Message Count:
    Also by getting people to use your search engine you're encouraging them to use other products that they naturally use alongside it- like Ymail.... Yahoo Mail is actually a great product and they've designed it to look a lot better than Gmail but hardly anyone uses it...
  4. harish Member

Message Count:
    This is very difficult to beat Google.com. I don’t know how Yahoo is paying salary to their employees. Every year, Yahoo is giving a kick to large numbers of their employees.
  5. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    I would sell the whole thing. Simple as that honestly. I'd sell it off and live very, very happy. :p
  6. dexterlablab1 Member

Message Count:
    First, I'd devise an ad network that would attempt to rival Google's Adsense. They could easily capitalize on all the people that were banned even though innocent on Adsense. Then, I'd rework the search engine. After that, they can take the money earned from the first two on all the other needed upgrades.
  7. harish Member

Message Count:
    Do you have any specific product? Will you make it like Amazon? Share your views.....

thanks
  8. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Sorry not sure what you mean by that. I mean I would sell everything and just live happily with all the money.
  9. harish Member

Message Count:
    That’s mean you want to have Yahoo as a shopping cart like ebay or amazon…
  10. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Oh I get you.No, I meant I would sell Yahoo as in the entire company and forget it. It seems to be dying more and more every day so I would just sell my part of the company and move on. :)
  11. harish Member

Message Count:
    Oh ok....Means you will sell the entire Yahoo enterprise. Wow, with that money you will be able to buy good property on the moon and also a private rocket for up-down from earth to moon.
  12. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    Same here, for selling a company as Yahoo you can get a very decent sum of money. Why would you still bother with things and try to make it work.
    I think about Mark Zuckerberg sometimes, I mean he is young, why doesn't he sell everything and move on with his life, with that kind of money he can do basically everything he wants, why on earth would you choose to have such an important job with such a huge responsibility?
  13. TJenkins602 Member

Message Count:
    I'd probably be brainstorming with my employees on how to be more innovative on the Internet. I'd look to invent some helpful products and other things that will boost my company up to the level of Google.
  14. Ranma Member

Message Count:
    Yahoo didn't focus on their search engines in the first place. Right now they are serving Bing search results in most of the countries, and in Japan Yahoo is even serving Google search results.

Search engine is definitely not Yahoo's greatest income source. And they do not have to "be like Google", as Google was a copycat of Yahoo in the first place. There is no point trying to struggle with Google for search engine market as it is not on the raise for the last decade for Yahoo.

I have used yahoo mail for years before switched to gmail because there were too much spam in my yahoo account. Now I just switched back and it has been less than a year and the spam is picking up again... They really should have be doing a better job on the anti-spam.
  15. Angelic

zuukko Member

Message Count:
    I would just give up and liquidate the whole company.