Clicky

Is Blog Commenting Helpful in SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by khulbe, May 14, 2012.

1. khulbe Member

Message Count:
    Hi guys I am doing blog commenting for my websites. But most of the websites have Nofollow link tag. What is your opinion about this kind of link building? Will it work for boosting my website ranking on search engine?
  2. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    If the blogs allow do-follow comments, then yes, its very helpful. If not..well, it can still drive traffic.
  3. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    Nofollow links are 'useless' when it comes to SEO, but they do build traffic. You can find some readers from a comment like this and turn them into regulars. I usually comment on the blogs that inspire me and don't really care about the links being do follow or not. Much of my traffic comes from these blogs, so do my readers.
  4. kenny_pure Member

Message Count:
    I am agree with you. There is no need to get Nofollow links. But if the blog has good traffic, you can put your website there but be sure that you are not spamming.
  5. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    I think they are useless but they make your blogs look active and it might drive more traffic. It'll make people just keep coming back, which is good for your website.
  6. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    I disagree. Nofollow links will make you look natural and this haves value, especially in Google's eyes.
  7. OliBoli Member

Message Count:
    Nofollow links are not counting for your SEO ranking. But you can make some nofolllow blog comments, it is recommended to do this, because your backlinks will looks more naturally in Google's eyes!
  8. Shole New Member

Message Count:
    As dojo said no follow links are useless for seo but good for traffic building as you have to have a good ration of nofollow and dofollow links. But blog commenting can be good for your seo as it provides backlinks :)
  9. s_sayan Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting does help, but you have to find some blogs that allow dofollow links. As many people already said, nofollow links don't help with your SEO but instead they can drive traffic. So, if you find some blogs with a high PR and a lot of traffic, then you can give it a try just for the sake of the traffic. But my advice is to keep looking for some blogs related to your niche and allowing dofollow backlinks. ;)
  10. Beverly Member

Message Count:
    I've heard varying opinions on this issue, with some people even saying that no-follow links are counted by Google for the purpose of SEO backlinks (as in determining a site's authority). But how they don't actually follow the links, only counting them. And, as you say, having both do follow and no follow links is smarter as it helps you develop real traffic and looks more natural and less faked as if someone was attempting to spam.
  11. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting does help but make sure that you are posting good comments on high PR sites. Do not use automated tools to post thousands of comments on spammy sites, instead use discretion while commenting on blogs. If you want to use automated tools, make sure that you are not linking to your money site directly from such activity.
  12. Steve Smith Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting is the most powerful link building strategy for your website to get better rankings in the search engines and to get increased online visibility. This commenting service involves posting comments in various blogs.
  13. niceness8000 Member

Message Count:
    It's helpful but it is incredibly time-consuming. If your blog commenting is part of a strategy that puts money directly into your pocket, then you need to find do-follow websites. There are programs that you can Google and download for free. These programs can tell whether a website is do-follow or not.

If commenting is not directly putting money in your pocket, you need to spend your time focusing on strategies that will. Many marketers think the point is spend hours and hours trying to rank in Google. You're not getting paid for that. The point is to make money. The point is to do the things that will put money in your pocket. Figure out what those tasks are and spend most of your time perfecting them.
  14. EmmaKille Member

Message Count:
    Do blog comments on dofollow blogs, it will drive traffic to your site and will give backlink.
  15. nightarcher Member

Message Count:
    A lot of people use blog comments not on just their main sites, but on tier 1 and tier 2 links as well to give them added juice. These are usually lower quality comments. If you want to point blog comments to your main site, make sure they're of high quality.
  16. WebNet Host Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting will generate backlinks and/or traffic on your site.
  17. PubD New Member

Message Count:
    Randomly going to various sites and commenting sporadically isn't the best plan. Pick a few blogs that get updated a few times daily with a lot of traffic and comment there -- have conversations in the comments if possible. Offer TONS of information if you can. You'll get traffic from the 'regulars' and people who like what you say, and possibly a chance to guest blog or get blogrolled.

I use RSS Feed Reader in Chrome to keep an eye on new posts at all the blogs I'm currently commenting on. It's a simple drop down that will show me the titles of each new post when it appears, so I click through the ones I am interested in and comment. It also can pop up a little alert each time it finds a new post, but I find that a bit too disruptive. I don't forget any blogs using this system, and if there are no updates on a particular site, I don't have to waste time checking the blog itself.
  18. Breezy

gordonm Member

Message Count:
    in my opinion it helps. so long as they are relevent, and low OBL then it is worth doing. it is a small part of the overall link diversty your webiste should have.
  19. seotut Member

Message Count:
    I've read some opinions from qualified seoers that suggested that no-follow links might even have an effect on your ranking. Here's a paragraph from Matt Cutts (from Google's Antispam team):
    Let’s be absolutely clear about this: Links that use the rel=nofollow microformat do not pass PageRank and are not used in our ranking algorithms.
    This does not mean that the target URL will never be crawled. By adding a rel=nofollow to a link, you’re essentially removing a sign pointing to the restroom. Just because that sign is gone does not mean that Googlebot will never find the restroom. Using rel=nofollow is not a way to block crawling altogether – if you need to do that, then use the robots.txt file.
  20. Johnwilson985 New Member

Message Count:
    First off don't listen to people that say don't worry about no-follow links. They do help and I mean alot because I seen boost in SERP from no-follow. Not much but they do help in a way. I think you should have both no-follow and follow links in order to rank good in Google from what I experience.