Clicky

Is Blog Commenting Helpful in SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by khulbe, May 14, 2012.

1. pattinson New Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting is good till you are not spamming just to make Backlinks.If you are providing quality information then just be relax.Commenting on blogs will not harm you at all.
  2. Jhonmike Member

Message Count:
    Of course do follow and high pr commenting is very useful in SEO.
  3. Memento_Mori Member

Message Count:
    I would suggest getting do-follow links over no-follow ones.
    I admit that no-follow links can be useful for bringing visits, but honestly, how often do you manually copy an URL in your address bar?
  4. Breezy

KennyK Member

Message Count:
    True, but you might show that you know what you're talking about and people might remember the name of your site. All bits help I think.
  5. Bored

thenextGeek Member

Message Count:
    Yes, blog commenting is still a good seo tool because it promotes interaction within your blog. Quality interaction/replies improve the keyword density of the keywords that you are trying to hit within your website. Just make sure that the comments are really of high quality and are pertaining to an article on your blog and not just random chatter.
  6. SamK Member

Message Count:
    Non-spammy blog commenting can be good for SEO.

Regarding the nofollow vs. dofollow issue, perhaps I'm completely mistaken but I seem to remember that Matt Cutts explained in one of his videos that Google now gives some weight to nofollow links, although not as much as dofollows. (Edit: In light of the text cited by seotut earlier in this thread, I will assume that I remembered incorrectly.)
  7. johnthomas1433 Member

Message Count:
    Its just like saying forum profiles are useful to your website, but only to a certain extend. You need to know where you have to drive the line. Most SEOers actually use blog comments merely for getting them backlinks indexed.

When you do blog commenting, be choosy. Pick up prominent blogs in your niche, and weed out most of the auto approve and spammy blogs, and then comment on the rest.
  8. Suniti Sood Member

Message Count:
    I think Blog commenting is very much helpful for SEO as it is viewed by a greater community.
  9. Thinking

steveclarys New Member

Message Count:
    Try Do-follow Blog Commenting sites...they will bring you Do-follow links to your website..there are lot of blogs available in Google...Just go and search with that term itself like Do-follow Blogs list..
  10. emersonkelly New Member

Message Count:
    Guest blogging is one of the best SEO technique but try to concentrate on do-follow blogs to get higher PR. :)
  11. Bashful

stellent suse Member

Message Count:
    I need some blog commenting websites. Please give me. I need to do comment to increase my site rank.
  12. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting on do follow blogs is more essential . It redirects traffic to the site.
  13. david parker New Member

Message Count:
    Do-follow Blog Commenting is always beneficial.
  14. Dipika Member

Message Count:
    Blog commenting is one of the best activity in SEO you can get best quality backlinks for your website