Clicky

Is Social Marketing Better Than SEO?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by s_sayan, Jun 15, 2012.

1. vsatish New Member

Message Count:
    I feel whatever strategy we work either SEO or Social media, both worthful if you write content for the reader and not for the search engines. Also, one can't completely ignore SEO. Ofcourse in some situations depending on the industry, traffic will be less as the entertainment industry where social media plays a huge role in driving traffic. The main or core of the seo is the selection of keyword prior to our start. We need to select keywords from various tools like google adwords,or moz keyword palnner which has low competition and high search volume.
  2. Sunshine

Chino Moreno New Member

Message Count:

Keyword research is a tedious job. If you're on the first spot, it still doesn't give you an assurance that you'll get people to your site. Rancid is right, expect less and expect worst case scenario. There are a lot of things to consider. First, when choosing the right/targeted keywords to your site, you should always think of your target market. Second, how rankable it is. Then, analyze if it fits your site or how it will give value to your target audience. I think the problem is that the keyword is not that targeted, people might see it on the SERP but it is not something that they look for. You should check your keywords again.
  3. Breezy

cwvps Member

Message Count:
    I believe that social media and SEO are essentials in promoting on the internet. You shouldn't leave out either of those two.
  4. Blah

andrea75 New Member

Message Count:
    I think a social media campaign for your website is the right thing to do. I notice that if you pump a bit your youtube channel, things will change in a positive way.