Clicky

Keyword Density Tool

Discussion in 'Webmaster Tools' started by theguyrighthere, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Cynical

theguyrighthere Member

Message Count:
    Keyword density is getting more and more important when it comes to on-site SEO. Since Google's started penalizing sites that are over-optimized, it became obvious that the number of times you mention your keyword on the page you want to rank does matter. And it should be kept low, around 2-3%.

When it comes to tools that check the density of keywords, I really like the SEOBook's Free Keyword Density Analyzer Tool -- it's a good-looking one and very easy to use.

Free Keyword Density Analyzer Tool

Cheers,
    theguytotheright.
  2. jliehr New Member

Message Count:
    This is really cool, thank you for sharing. I just used this on my site to make sure it is not over-optimized.
  3. Amused

PurpleRose New Member

Message Count:
    When writing for a variety of people, key word density is often included in some project descriptions. From my personal experience, the employers are desiring anywhere from 2 to 4 percent keyword density. When you search info online, you will hear a variety of stories in the amount that is best to use.

The link you provided is good to check your internet page for keyword density. When you are writing content, I have used the following one to check:

Live Keyword Analysis

With this tool, you can cut and paste your paragraphs into the text box. You can also add the keywords you are using to determine their density levels. I have used this tool alot when writing thousands of articles for others.
  4. Cynical

theguyrighthere Member

Message Count:
    That's a very helpful link, thank you. The reason why I like the tool by SEOBook is because it checks not only the density of the article, but of the whole webpage. If the keyword you rank for is present not only in the article but also somewhere else on the site, the SEOBook's tool might be better.
    On the other hand, if you want to check KD in an article that's not present online (e.g. when writing for clients), then the tool you linked to is far better. :)
  5. pandaa New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for sharing! I've been doing a bit of SEO work, and the thing that bugs me is that it doesn't seem to pay off for awhile, but it's good that I can track my progress with this. :)
  6. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the links.

I don't think keyword density is that important now. There was a time when you could rank your site higher just by having the right keyword density but those days are long past us. Nowadays you just need to be careful that you have an optimum keyword density (1-2%) and include plenty of LSI keywords within your content. I use the following tool to find related keywords for my primary and secondary keywords

How does Keyword-finder work?Keyword-finder uses your term to search the web, extract the relevant keywords from the 50 most successful pages returned and sorts them by frequency. keyword-finder
  7. Shyma Jones Member

Message Count:
    it's Good tool .Thanks For Share :)
  8. Angelic

trueman1 Member

Message Count:
  9. Suniti Sood Member

Message Count:
    In some other way if you think that over usage of the keywords in your site content could be giving you the better feedback for SEO purposes then I must add one point here that over usage of the kewords may damage your content quality also. It that right?
  10. agryd New Member

Message Count:
    Tools of SEO book are perfect for searching keyword density, search engine ranking etc.
  11. swethacharan New Member

Message Count:
    When it comes to keyword density you any keywords wont appear more than 3 times in a page and 100 words per one primary keyword is allowed so for in the website content.
  12. WebDreams New Member

Message Count:
    I used to check keyword density through Google Webmaster Tools and SEOquake and thanks for above knowledge.
  13. Anarojas New Member

Message Count:
    SenseiSteve likes this.
  14. HostSlayer New Member

Message Count:
    tools.seobook.com is one of the best!