Clicky

Protection against click-bombing

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by Mustaxina, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    Google can disable your AdSense account if it detects suspicious clicking activity on your ads, even if it doesn't come from your own IP or, indeed, your own country. This is to prevent people from clicking on their own ads or asking other people to click on them. But what happens if a competitor starts clicking on your ads all the time so that Google picks up suspicious activity and bans you from AdSense? Can this happen, or are there safeguards to prevent this? If there are no safeguards, what's the best thing you can do to protect yourself against click-bombing?
  2. Laura New Member

Message Count:
    I would keep an eye on the stats. If I see something suspicious, then maybe you should send an email to adsense, to ask if it's normal or if it's a bug, at least you will prove your honesty.
  3. spidersweb Member

Message Count:
    I've been clicked bombed before and Google just shut down my account. There's nothing you can do unless you're a seasoned member of the Adsense program. If your account is on the 90 day probationary period, you can forget about getting your account back. I tried to appeal this decision, but it's controlled by a bot, and I got the standard rejection letter they give to everyone. I haven't heard of any cases of someone getting their account back. The only safeguard is reporting the activity right away to Google, but they get so many request I doubt they will get it in enough time.
  4. OliBoli Member

Message Count:
    This is a really good question, and I also want to find a right answer for this. Do somebody really know what can I do if I see a suspect activity in my Google Adsense account? Did somebody have an experience like this, and did solved it? What is the email address where can I write to Google about this problem, if I see something suspect on my account? Or where can I find it on my account?
  5. Breezy

Mustaxina Member

Message Count:
    To be honest, I don't know what you should do in such a situation. I've read about people who played it honest and directly reported "suspect activity"... only to be banned by Google straight away. Way to go Google, what a reward for being honest! On the other hand, if you don't report suspect activity, they'll probably use that as an excuse to ban you anyway and steal all your earnings. This is why I want to prevent suspect activity in the first place, so that I never come face to face with this Catch-22 situation. This is why I'm looking for an active defence against click-bombing.
  6. spidersweb Member

Message Count:
    I agree there's very little that you can do about this situation. I would like to have my account back, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I'm sure that Google is just trying to find a way not to pay you your earnings. When my account got closed they sent me a check, and I tried to cash it, but the check bounced. They told me there were no funds, and the check wasn't legit.
  7. Bored

thenextGeek Member

Message Count:
    I've read an article by a victim regarding this kind of activity. She stated that after being banned from Google Adsense, she did a report about the said activity. After a few weeks and no reply from Google, she decided to move on with her life and apply on new ad programs. A few weeks later she received an email stating that her account was reinstated, my point is, Google is smart and it knows if you are doing something bad or good. If you are not doing a bad thing then there is absolutely no reason for you to be afraid.
  8. OliBoli Member

Message Count:
    Ok, but I still don't understand something. I have read many times on forums that people banned by Google sent them an email and have received answers from them - it means they have direct conversations with Google, right? But how? How can I contact them? Not only in case if I am banned or something - I hope it won't happening, I don't give them any reason for this - but if I have a problem and I want to get touch with them; how can I do this?
  9. Cloud_9

theafterhours Member

Message Count:
    There's honestly not too much you can do, other than keep your eyes on the stats. If you see anything suspicious, report it immediately to Google: Google Accounts

I received a response the day after informing me that "the invalid earnings were removed from your account". No further action was taken.
    OliBoli likes this.
  10. OliBoli Member

Message Count:
    I saved the page where I need to send about this kind of problems; thank you very much for telling me this, you helped me a lot! :)
  11. Cloud_9

theafterhours Member

Message Count:
    No problem! Despite all the horror stories out there about them, Google/Adsense aren't bad people once you become a valuable asset to them.