Clicky

The most and least you've spent on a domain

Discussion in 'Domains' started by makeithappen, May 3, 2012.

1. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    I'm curious about domain prices here. What's the most and least money you've paid to get a domain? Where did you get it? Was the price/quality relation worth it?
  2. razelia Member

Message Count:
    The least I spent for a domain was, well, free. I won it from a contest of sorts. The most I spent was around $12 or so. It was definitely worth it though. It's the first I spent on and is my most successful site at the moment.
  3. dan213 Member

Message Count:
    The least I've ever spent was the domain being totally free. The most I've spent was around $25 I think.
  4. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    The least I spent on a domain for 500 of a forum currency, it was a pretty nice domain but I never used it.

The most I have spent I believe would be registration fee.
  5. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    Registration fee for me too. Never bothered pay more for a domain name. I'd rather take it from zero and reach a good traffic/ranking. Of course, if I had some serious money to waste on good domain names, I'd sing a different tune, but so far I'd like to invest money in something else than just the forum.
  6. SpikeTheLobster Member

Message Count:
    Registration fee for me, too, though I did once try to get hold of an awesome domain and was prepared to pay reasonably for it. Unfortunately the owner was a complete flake and it would've been an enormous amount of effort to get him to do the "paperwork" for the sale, so I dropped it.
  7. neverforget98 Member

Message Count:
    The least I have spent on a domain is $1.16 and the most was around $12.
  8. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    The least that I have spent on a domain was 99 cents. It was a Black Friday promo at Namecheap and I managed to grab 5 domains at that price. The most that I have paid for a domain was $50; it was a highly lucrative niche and I managed to grab an expiring domain at that price.
  9. Cloud_9

theafterhours Member

Message Count:
    The least that I have spent is .99 from Namecheap as there was a Twitter promotion and the most was $25 on a great domain name that I then sold for $70 on thebotnet.
  10. GregH Member

Message Count:
    I've only bought one domain not from the domain registrars, it cost me 20 dollars along with some work the person previously had. Sadly my old host lost a my files and my site resulted in going down for good. maybe one day I'll designs new one for it.
  11. Scared

Drizzy Member

Message Count:
    I have bought 2 domains and both for free by posting at a webmaster forum which rewarded you with points for posts which could be redeemed for domains. Both my domains were .info ones since they were the easiest to buy :p I was able to bring one of them to a PR of 3/10 in 3 months but then my host crashed and my site died for good :(
  12. tetutato Member

Message Count:
    $0; most hosts give you free domain when you first sign up with them.
  13. Cool

Jason1988 Member

Message Count:
    The most was about $12, the least was 1 or 2 dollars.
  14. Breezy

KennyK Member

Message Count:
    Never more than the registration fee, usually with some coupon even get it much cheaper. I think there are still plenty of domains out there. Of course, I have considered paying for a good domain, but in the end I just registered my own domain because I think often they ask a lot, and I'm not really in it to make profit with a domain and use it for business or money making.
  15. Ranma Member

Message Count:
    I have only owned a single domain name, and I got it from Godaddy for $10.99 if I remember correctly. I wouldn't pay more than the regular registration fee for a domain. Unless I am running a large company with high budget that require a perfect domain name and that one i want is for sale. For individual use, I really see no reason to pay anything more than $20 bucks a year for a domain.
  16. Daring

Hardison Member

Message Count:
    The most I've paid for a domain is just under $10. The least I've paid is nothing. Someone didn't want to develop a domain and I just too it over. The least amount I have paid out of pocket is 99 cents on a GoDaddy special.
  17. Cheerful

SolidShellSecurity Member

Message Count:
    Spent about $75 once for a domain because GoDaddy held it for ransom. We transferred out right after that.
  18. Dether Member

Message Count: