Clicky

What are your focus keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by ZINC, Apr 27, 2012.

1. ZINC New Member

Message Count:
    My focused keywords are:

Technology
    Technology News
    Gaming
    Gaming News
  2. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Well as of starting this forum I will obviously have some focus on Webmaster Forum but aside from that I would prefer not to reveal them. :cool:
  3. Alex Member

Message Count:
    How come? :p
  4. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    Well although with research you can dig these kind of things up if you know what you're doing but I see no 'good' reason to potentially let me competition know of keywords I am targeting.
    makeithappen likes this.
  5. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    My site was intended to be for Facebook fans (we talked about new features and also provided unofficial support) and Facebook games fans, so my main keywords were "Facebook", "Facebook Support", "Facebook Help", "Facebook News", "Zynga", "Playfish", "Facebook Apps"... basically almost everything that started with "Facebook" :p

* The fact that I used to manage that site doesn't mean I'm one of those annoying Facebookers... the site has turned to crap over this last year, and even though I'm still on it, I don't use it as often as I used to.
  6. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    Exactly! I remember a few years ago I've found a good micro niche with a perfect keyword, good monthly searches and all that. I've revealed my website's URL on a popular webmaster forum. Few weeks later 3 new websites outranked me in the searches...
    Karoshio likes this.
  7. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    I am working for a healthcare site. So my targeted keywords are Hospital Information System, Blood Bank Software, Hospital Management Software, Medical Software etc.
  8. Monique Seibel Member

Message Count:
    Mine would be Frugal Living, Couponing, Saving Money, Budget Living, Personal Finance and other variances of those terms.
  9. Johnwilson985 New Member

Message Count:
    Like Karoshio said I wouldn't tell anybody my keywords. I have to very low profitable keywords that took like a few days to find and rank. Keep your keywords to your self, don't go around tell people.
  10. lucasbytegenius Member

Message Count:
    I focus on the following for my tech forum:
    • technology
    • computers
    • help/support
    • software
    • operating systems
    • windows
    • linux
    • web design
    For my Minecraft forum I focus on far fewer, lol:
    • Minecraft
    • servers
    • game
    • games
    • gaming
    • minecraft news
  11. Cheeky

Jessi Active Member

Message Count:
    I honestly don't know any more.

It seems like it's the words and phrases that I'm *not* focusing on are the ones that I end up getting a lot of traffic from. I've sorta just focused lately on not using pronouns and making sure I tag/label everything, so that I'm easier to index in general.
  12. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    Sometimes Search Engine breaks the entire keywords and consider it individually. So it completely depends on search engine.
  13. holidaylife New Member

Message Count:
    For targeted keywords can be highlighted by using google adwords tool is the best.
  14. NukeBlaster New Member

Message Count:
    We should focus on "Long Tail" keywords.
  15. ChristyWilliam Member

Message Count:
    I think you have to focus on the these keywords :
    1-movies
    2-game
    3-games
    4-news
    5-windows
    6-videos
    7-computers
    8-windows
    9-softwares
    10-operating systyem
  16. marycar New Member

Message Count:
  17. marycar New Member

Message Count:
    Your focus keywords are those most likely use for searching products or services. That would have more chance of ranking keywords than those of keywords which describe your products.