Clicky

What is the difference between SEO, SMM, SMO and SEM??

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nahin, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    I know that we use all these term for our business purpose in where SEO for Search Engine Optimization, SMM for Social media marketing, SMO for Social media optimization and SEM for Search Engine Marketing. But I have no any idea what is the difference between them, as far I know all are we use for promote our business.
  2. gerrywilson Member

Message Count:
    Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results.
    Social media optimization (SMO) refers to the use of a number of social media outlets and communities to generate publicity to increase the awareness of a product, brand or event.
    Search engine marketing (SEM) is a form of Internet marketing that involves the promotion of websites by increasing their visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) through optimization and advertising
    Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
  3. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    Thanks gerrywilson highly appreciated for your helpfulness, feeling gratitude to you. But which one is most active and give a plenty helpful facilities for promoting our site?
  4. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    There is no one who can help me. :( I need really this information in details of SMM, SEM.
  5. semaphore.v Member

Message Count:
    SMM is the act of using online communities(Facebook,Twitter etc) for marketing
    and customer service.
    SEM is a form of internet marketing to promote websites by increasing their visibility in SERPs.
    Nahin likes this.
  6. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    Hey it's a great helpful idea for me. But how SMM how promote this communication with marketing and customer service?
  7. Dipika Member

Message Count:
    SEO is very important part in online marketing; you can promote and sell your product online.
    SMMrefers to activities taking place outside your website.
    SMO is social media optimization that deals with all social things. It Increase your links, Generates faster and easy connectivity with communities, Get immediate traffic on your website.
    SEM is over and above SEO but its only a subset of your overall marketing strategy.
  8. RH-Calvin Member

Message Count:
    SEO or search engine optimization is the process of optimizing your website in search engines. The process helps to build your online identity and reputation to benefit your online business.

SEM stands for search engine marketing. It is the process of promoting your website in various search engines to build its popularity and reputation. Search engine optimization and social media optimization are two major processes used for search engine marketing.

SMO stands for social media optimization and is the process of optimizing your website in various social media websites. It helps to promote your website in various social networking websites to build traffic and also build your business popularity in search engines.
  9. Jack Ryder New Member

Message Count:
    Social media marketing (SMM) is a form of Internet marketing that utilizes social networking websites as a marketing tool. The goal of SMM is to produce content that users will share with their social network to help a company increase brand exposure and broaden customer reach.
  10. Leasedlayer Member

Message Count:
    SEO is optimizing pages for the search engines and SEM is marketing the pages for the search engines. The same goes for SMM and SMO just with social media sites instead of normal sites and search engines.