Clicky

What makes a good domain?

Discussion in 'Domains' started by makeithappen, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Amazed

jameskellin Member

Message Count:
    A good domain name must have good keywords in there or I should say the main keywords in there. If not, then your domain name is kind of useless. :p
  2. Breezy

susansmith001 New Member

Message Count:
    The domain you're using should be simple and easy to remember and having the main keyword for which you want to rank for in the search engines that's enough:) .
  3. HostNurse New Member

Message Count:
    In short, a good domain name would be a short domain, easy to memorize, pronounce and type and also if possible it should be related to your web site content.
  4. Breezy

JohnSword Member

Message Count:
    Choosing a domain can be tough. It's your brand name, and a good brand name leaves a lasting impression on the audience. One of the techniques that I use, not just for domains, but for anything I have to name is, I merge a few words to make something unique.

Now the question arises in your mind, which words? I jot down all the key words related to my topic. For example, if I was looking for a domain related to tech, I jot down the key words related to tech like ify, technology, byte, techno, wires, Apple, Microsoft etc.. Basically anything which reminds me of technology. A good word here could be the mixture of techno and byte, Technobyte. Simple, wasn't it?

Instead of brainstorming weird names for hours and wasting your time, you had a brand new and shiny domain name in about 5 minutes.