Clicky

Who can use YPN?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by Sam, May 20, 2012.

1. Sam Member

Message Count:
    I'm a bit curious about YPN- as it was before my time...

Are only big publishers allowed to use YPN? Or is it completely merged into the Microsoft ad network?

When was the last time they accepted "the little guy"?

And did they ever pose a serious threat to Adsense?

2. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    I think only big publishers can use it. You probably have to be one of those really big companies that selling products. I think they use to have "small guys" but later changed it. I'm not really sure though.
  3. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    Hey, Can you tell me about YPN. I have no idea about YPN.
  4. Artistic

SenseiSteve Administrator

Message Count:
  5. Healthcare Member

Message Count:
    Thanks for the information. Nice information.
  6. ohiotom76 Member

Message Count:
    Bing is coming out with its own version of AdSense soon, I think it's in beta testing right now. I was just reading about it a couple of weeks ago actually but I can't seem to find the article right now. They're being very strict on who they are letting into the program right now, only high quality sites that have the capability of generating at least $100 in revenue each month (however they plan on determining that). I believe they are reviving the old Yahoo Publisher Network in the process and rebranding it.
  7. Breezy

maddie Member

Message Count:
    This is interesting information. Even though Bing is hardly any competition to the big G it will be worth seeing how this takes off. Google needs some serious competition. What you say here means that you can only create an account if you are already getting good Bing traffic. Is that right?
    Anyway I am happy that this is at least an alternative to Adsense. I will search the web to see if I would get more information on the subject. Thanks for posting this.
    Joyce aka Nana likes this.
  8. Ranma Member

Message Count:
    Umm... I have learned about YPN earlier this year, then I realized it was a thing of the past. Yahoo was testing something just like Adsense, but it never got pass Beta stage and then they cancelled it. Then they told their publishers to migrant to chitika.
  9. TJenkins602 Member

Message Count:
    I would have been interested in Bing's version of Adsense. However, it sucks that I wouldn't be able to join because my site is not at that level.
  10. Sunshine

Joyce aka Nana New Member

Message Count:
    Yes, I had a YPN account and one day when I went to it, it was gone....go figure.

Here is what I found.

Make money by including ads in your applications

Advertisers will pay to present ads that your users will see. Learn more.
    Application developers

[IMG]
    Add advertising to your Windows 8 application with a few easy steps.
    Learn more.
    [IMG]
    Add advertising to your Windows Phone application with a few easy steps.
    Learn more.
    Web publishers

Large publishers with 50+ million search queries or 200+ million page views per month can contactpubscreener@microsoft.com for more information.
  11. Angelic

zuukko Member

Message Count:
    Some healthy competition would be nice, Googles almost monopoly like state with adsense is not really good for anyone.
  12. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    Wh
    What we can to do with Yahoo Publisher Networking? What is the purpose? Why we use?
  13. Thinking

wasp New Member

Message Count:
    whenever you visit yahoo.com there are many advertisements seamlessly integrated into the page.
    Yahoo Publishing would allow you to touch that market.
  14. Curious

Nahin Member

Message Count:
    Oh thanks a lot WASP, for share apart of your knowledge.