Clicky

Why it is Better to Buy your own Hosting Services

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TJenkins602, Oct 24, 2012.

1. TJenkins602 Member

Message Count:
    When deciding to create their own website, many people are faced with the choice of either buying a host or getting a free hosting service. If you are really serious about having your own website, then you will probably want to look into paying for your own hosting service.

With your own hosting service, you have more control and more freedom. Hosts are less intrusive with your site. A lot of us have probably dealt with the host that not only does not allow you to put your own affiliate links or ads, but they also use their affiliate links on your site. Bummer, eh? Many people who start up a website have considered the possibility of making money online.

You don't get any of that with a hosting service that you pay for.

However, there are exceptions to the rule. Some free hosts actually do allow you to put your own forms of monetization on your website or blog. However, you can still get shut down at anytime for any reason.

Even the most liberal free hosts will have you at a disadvantage compared to what you can get with a paid hosting service.

When you buy a hosting service, you have more of a say in what you do and how you do it.
  2. lindbergh New Member

Message Count:
    I agree. A paid web host service is way better than a free web host provider. Why?
    1. You get your own domain name - with a paid web host service you get your own domain name (e.g. www.mybizact.com) unlike for free web host providers wherein you only get a sub domain (e.g. mybizact.webs.com).
    2. You get more features - a paid web host service will definitely have more features as compared to a free web host service like more website creators, auto responders, etc.
    3. It would look more professional - if you have a paid web host, it would look more professional since you hace your own domain name
    4. More secure - You could incorporate a lot of security measures when you avail of a paid web host service
    5. More storage space - free web hosting only provides you with a limited storage space. Paid web hosting could provide you with unlimited storage space.
  3. Breezy

gordonm Member

Message Count:
    paid hosting all the way for me! i like the control and the feeling that it's all mine. well sort of! lol
  4. Powa Member

Message Count:
    There are really cool free services that make it feel like you are in control, but the limits on traffic and/or space are very limited. Still, if you are just beginning and your site is small, buying a domain and hosting on a free hosting service might me a good idea.
    I do agree with most points except number 4:
    unless you are using the lowest free-service available, security shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand, there are many paid services that don't even know what "security" is.
  5. Amazed

jameskellin Member

Message Count:
  6. Angelic

HostiServer New Member

Message Count:
    Definitely rent a hosting, since if you buy your own server there is a lot of things that you need to consider, maintenance/configuration etc. However, if you just rent a hosting, the configuration/maintenance part of it are already taken care of.

Try hostiserver.com for your webhosting needs.
  7. HostSlayer New Member

Message Count:
    Overall it looks rather good.