Clicky

Yahoo! Answers

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by makeithappen, May 6, 2012.

1. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    What are your thoughts towards Yahoo! Answers? Do you ever find answers to your questions and issues in there? Have you ever answered anyone's question on it?
  2. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    I haven't used it to get answers, I'd rather search for tutorials online or ask in the forums. I tried using it to promote, but I actually hate the site and how it's laid out. So, if people find it useful, more power to them, I don't like it. Maybe it's because it has such a broad topic coverage, I'd like niche based Q&A sites more.
  3. Stressed

makeithappen Active Member

Message Count:
    Aren't those what sections are for? Each section has different top contributors I think.
  4. Dani72 New Member

Message Count:
    I signed up to get to level 2, so I could do some gigs on Microworkers. I gave up on microworkers in the end, but it is nice when an email comes in to say I provided a "Best Answer". Always nice to get a wee compliment.
    I haven't been on for ages though.
  5. razelia Member

Message Count:
    I only visit Yahoo Answers to actually find something to laugh about :p. There are a lot of people who just troll around in Yahoo answers.

And to be honest, some of the questions there are just for trolling. It defeats the purpose of the system, really, but it can provide a good laugh.
  6. trentz Member

Message Count:
    Well, if it can make you laugh then it serves its purpose still. :D
    Saw some post that are helpful though, I guess if you contributed and your answers is chosen to be the best, it will be on top. And if this answer has your website's link then pretty sure I can be a targeted traffic.
  7. Karoshio Premium Member

Message Count:
    I used to use a bit for promoting my sites but it rarely was worth the time invested.

As for actually using it for answers well, I never specifically go there but I have often found my answer there when first searching in Google and going to that specific result.
  8. blommas Member

Message Count:
    Yea, I use it. I tried to find a place to buy cheap Jelly Belly beans.. But it was impossible, so I made a question on Yahoo, and I got some answers. But I only think one of them, helped me..
  9. SpikeTheLobster Member

Message Count:
    I have a Level 2 account there but haven't been back in ages. I've never posted a question... at least, I don't think I have. I mostly answer stuff wherever I can if I remember to visit. Since they've taken the linking out of the references section, replying's become less useful (you can't use it to suggest people go to your site, for example).

In all honesty, I get a lot of search results that point me there. Whenever I go to read the answers, there's one or two that are useful and make sense but the VAST majority of them are one-line nonsense or people trolling. I'd always choose a niche-specific forum and ask questions there, to be honest... better chance of finding someone who knows what they're talking about (and the possibility of continuing the conversation).
  10. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    I don't use it for getting answers. Never did. But I do promote all kinds of stuff there. Pretty helpful internet marketing tool.
  11. Raderyx Member

Message Count:
    I use it to get answers to things I don't know. They are pretty useful for find answers for difficult problems for school or just general questions.
  12. harish Member

Message Count:
    When I was new to the SEO, I tried for Yahoo answers. But now days, they are not taking any link or any kind of spamming.
    However I have found various good answers on Yahoo Ans.
  13. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    You need to be level 2 to be able to post clickable links. And future more you need to know how promote your stuff and not get reported or labeled as a spammer.
  14. Naiwen New Member

Message Count:
    Most peculiar & weird answers offered sometimes.
  15. Breezy

maddie Member

Message Count:
    Honestly some answers are laughable there. I was searching for something just a while ago and found some stupid answers to the question I was looking up. I wonder if people even use this anymore.
    However, it does indicate to me that there is a dearth of good information on that topic if these answers come up high on the search results. This provides me the idea for my next article.
  16. Asleep

micronetvps Member

Message Count:
    A lot of it does actually provide a common knowledgebase for some. But like people have already said, it makes for hilarious screenshots sometimes.
  17. dreyz Member

Message Count:
    I guess Yahoo Answers do sometimes provide answers in a very simplistic sense. Occasionally when I typed in a question in Google, and link to YA usually provides me with an adequate answer. If I want to know more, there's always other links.

PS: sometimes you can have a good laugh on YA, due to the answers given by many users.
  18. sidney Member

Message Count:
    I'm an on and off user of YA. I also post questions and answers there for fun, but sometimes for serious questions too, like philosophy or cat stuff. I usually get pretty decent answers most of the time, and I always make it a point to choose a best answer if I'm satisfied with the answer, or if it was the most decent one among the bunch, even if I didn't like it that much.
  19. Blah

iRichard Member

Message Count:
    I find yahoo answers a little useful and I became a level 2. I only use yahoo answers for promoting my site.
  20. Dead

BrittanyX3 Member

Message Count:
    I was actually just about to post a thread on this lol. I have used it, but the people are SO MEAN! :cry: I seriously got so upset from it. People are horrible there! I answered peoples questions to the best of my ability, but others were so awful.