Clicky

Your Favorite Domain Name Extension?

Discussion in 'Domains' started by harish, May 21, 2012.

1. harish Member

Message Count:
    Hello to all.
    What is your favorite domain name extension? .com, .org or .net?
    I am sure that numbers of people will go for .com but other TLDs are also good.

By the way, I like .com too.

Let me know
  2. dojo Active Member

Message Count:
    For Romanian sites I go with .ro domains. Otherwise .com is my first pick, though I have .net domains and now a .biz one. In the end, if you can nicely brand a site with your domain name extension, you can go with something else than a .com
  3. Clarkie Member

Message Count:
    I use .com as my first choice and if it's a UK specific website I'll use .co.uk. If .com isn't free .net and .org are the other two domains that I'll look at. I also look at short domains like .co if it makes the domain interesting such as extenditude.com which we looked at extenditu.de. I am co-owner of ev.tl which I own purely because it's a short domain.
  4. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    Always .com if there is no .com I'll try .net if the name is short and has a good keyword. If .net is not available I simply find another domain name.
  5. SwitchCase New Member

Message Count:
    My favorite domain name extension is .com. The reason is that most of the non techie people don't even know that there are other domain name extension aside from .com. The second one I would pick is a .net.
  6. lowrider.STi Member

Message Count:
    First of all is .com and then .net. And if we're talking about sites from my country, Romania, I go for .ro.
    Rancid likes this.
  7. razelia Member

Message Count:
    Wasn't there a topic like this already? Anyway, it will always be .com for me, but .net works, too. Both are pretty much the most used extensions around, so just go with the crowd, I guess.
  8. Rancid Member

Message Count:
    It depends on the niche or the region but in general I stay away from anything not .com
  9. Bauss Member

Message Count:
    The only domain extensions I like are .com, but depending on the niche I might register other extensions as well, but I need to own the .com for any website that I start.
  10. Tired

Arariel Retired Administrator

Message Count:
    .com, it seems to be the most professional, imo.
  11. Mqss Member

Message Count:
    .com for the win, although sometimes I really can't find appropriate available domain with com extension. My choices are:
    1. com
    2. net
    3. org
  12. neverforget98 Member

Message Count:
    I'd have to say I'd use .com first, then .net, then .org and onto the other extensions! :p
  13. bryce12 Member

Message Count:
    Obviously .COM is my preferred domain extension. If .COM is not available then I would go for .NET or .ORG since they have better chances of ranking. All other domain extensions are not worth the money in my opinion, I have rarely seen them in the top search results.
  14. Rabi New Member

Message Count:

My favorite domain extension is .com.
  15. deluxservers Member

Message Count:
    .com is my favorite domain
  16. Artistic

Kakko New Member

Message Count:
    .com , seo friendly domains :)